Stashing the shampoo and other necessities in the shower is a personal preference, but here are five important things I consider when designing a shower niche.
- Location: Try to locate niches away from the spray of water.
- Visual: Consider if this is something to be seen and accented or to be hidden.
- Tile Layout: Place the niche so that it will fit well into the tile module and shower wall proportions.
- Height: Always make sure the niche is accessible for all persons using the shower.
- Material: Consider a larger scale tile or stone slab for the surround and shelves for ease of cleaning.
And as an added bonus, if the size of the preferred shampoo containers is determined, there should be no problem with making sure the stash works!
photo credit: images// decorpad.com